Home of the Norsemen | Lady Norsemen

2011 Class 1A Boys' Basketball State Champions
2008 Class 1A Girls' Basketball State Runner-Up
2009 Class 1A Girls' Volleyball Sectional Champions

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Newark Softball Senior Highlights

KELSEA ZITT
Favorite Game: My favorite team to play is Seneca because it is always good competition.
Game day traditions or superstitions: I always have grape big league chew for each game.
Plans for Next Year: Butler University

SHELBY HODDY
Favorite Game: My favorite team to play is Somonauk, even if we don’t win we always play a good game.
Game day traditions or superstitions: Visit my car
Plans for Next Year: Internship in South Africa

DELANEY DREW
Favorite Game: My favorite team to play is HBR because Coach just let us play wherever we wanted. It was like playing 10U softball again.
Game day traditions or superstitions: Eating my mom's delicious PB&J's
Plans for Next Year: I'm planning on attending NIU to pursue a degree in speech pathology to become a speech therapist.

EMILY OLDENBURG
Favorite Game: Freshman year when Kelsea hit a walk off homerun. My favorite team to play is Somonauk.
Game day traditions or superstitions: Play catch with Klesea, wearing a certain pair of socks and a certain hair style.
Plans for Next Year: I plan on attending Aurora University to study nursing and play softball.

MEGAN DICLEMENTI
Favorite Game: Favorite softball game was my freshman year first game in the sectionals and Kelsea hit a walk off wonder that won us that game!
Game day traditions or superstitions: I always tie my cleats and then retie them, because it makes me hit better.
Plans for Next Year: I plan on attending Aurora University to study sports psychology/athletic training and play softball.

by Maddie Friestad